Jesika 's Reviews > Shadow Kiss

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

Jun 13, 2010

bookshelves: favorite-vampire-books
Read in December, 2009

This book is....no wait. This SERIES is the best series I've ever read and will EVER read. If you haven't read it yet then you should be flying out the door now so you can get it. I fell in love with this series and the characters the minute I picked it up. Shadow Kiss (the 3rd book in the series) was the one that made me cry so hard that I thought I'd never stop. I've read it more times than I can count because I just can't seem to ever get over how great this series is. You need need need need to read it. I swear if you read it, it'll be the best choice in you life. =)
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Kiss.

Quotes Jesika Liked

Richelle Mead
“You will lose what you value most, so treasure it while you can.”

Richelle Mead
“He stepped back and threw his arms out.
"I'm always crazy around you Rose. Here, I'm going to write an impromptu poem for you."
He tipped his head back and shouted to the sky:
"Rose is in red
But never in blue
Sharp as a thorn
Fights like one too.”

Richelle Mead
“It's okay," I said soothingly. "You're just getting your stride back. Once you're up to full power, I'll go crack a rib or something so we can test it."
She groaned. "The horrible part is that I don't think you're joking.”

Richelle Mead
“If you want some advice—which I'm sure you don't—you guys should lay off on the magic. Christian still thinks you're moving in on Lissa."
"What?" he asked in mock astonishment. "Doesn't he know my heart belongs to you?"
"It does not. And no, he's still worried about it, despite what I've told him."
"You know, I bet if we started making out right now, it would make him feel better."
"If you touch me," I said pleasantly, "I'll provide you with the opportunity to see if you can heal yourself. Then we'd see how badass you really are.”

“What's up?" I asked.

You tell me," he said. "You were the one about ready to start making out with Adrian."

It was an experiment," I said. "It was part of my therapy."

What the hell kind of therapy are you in?”

Richelle Mead
“No, I can just read you. Finally. I can't believe how blind I was. I can't believe I never noticed. Victor's comment...he was right." She glanced off at the sunset, then turned her gaze back on me. A flash of anger, both in her feelings and her eyes, hit me. "Why didn't you tell me?" she cried. "Why didn't you tell me you loved Dimitri?”

Richelle Mead
“I set off, off to kill the man I love.”

Richelle Mead
“Adrian!" Something inside of me burst. "Will you shut the hell up for five seconds?”

Richelle Mead
“It's not about you, okay? This time, it's about me. Not you. All my life, Lissa... all my life, it's been the same. They come first. I've lived my life for you. I've trained to be your shadow, but you know what? I want to come first. I need to take care of myself for once. I'm tired of looking out for everyone else and having to put aside what I want. Dimitri and I did that, and look what happened. He's gone. I will never hold him again. Now I owe it to him to do this. I'm sorry if it hurts you, but it's my choice!”

Richelle Mead
“I'm sure. But it doesn't work with me. for one thing, you won't look me in the eye. As for the other...I don't know. I can just tell.”

Richelle Mead
“You, know I'm the Queen's favorite great nephew, Well, yeah I'm her only great nephew, but that's not important, I'd still be her favorite...”

Richelle Mead
“Even I make mistakes." I put on my brash, overconfident face. "I know it's hard to believe—kind of surprises me myself—but I guess it has to happen. It's probably some kind of karmic way to balance out the universe. Otherwise, it wouldn't be fair to have one person so full of awesomeness.”

11/30/2009 page 3
12/01/2009 page 200
45.15% "I love this damn book. :))))))
How come I never get tired of it ?"
12/02/2009 page 350
79.01% "It's just one of those days..."
06/12/2010 page 1
0.0% "WORST DAY EVER."
06/13/2010 page 1
0.0% "This series is soooo depressing... :/"
show 4 hidden updates…

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Oh i agree....
Hell, i can't agree anymore lol :P

Elayna I love this series, I cant decided which my favorite is ive red some many good series.