valee's Reviews > Slave to Sensation

2320890
Apr 14, 11

bookshelves: amazing-pnr-romance, 200-fav-reads, 50-fav-series
Read in April, 2011, read count: 2

There's just not any other book more worth of a re-read than this one! I'm not kidding. OMG, I mean, I had loved it the first time I read it but nothing close as the way I felt about it this second time. I had completely forgot what it was to be so lost in a book that you didn't notice at all the pass of time. I just couldn't put it down, and every time I checked my clock I was so sure only an hour had passed but so much more had... *blushing, seriously, I completely lost track of time. But what I'm trying to tell you all is that this is a book that NEEDS to be read at least 2 times. The first time I read it I really couldn't enjoyed it as much as this because I was trying too hard to understand all the plot and world building. This is a very complex series with too much new information to us and it takes a lot to completely understand it all. For me, it was a lot to take in the first time I read it so I couldn't' appreciate Lucas and Sascha's relationship as I did this time.

What a complex book, I just didn't remember so many things happen in it. There's just so much to take in. First we have an introduction to a whole new world with beings so unknown to us that it will take you some time only to grab the smallest of knowledge about them. I'm talking about the PSY: They are not really human, but they look like them. The difference is that they are introduced to the SILENT treatment since they are born. This means no feelings for them at all, no love, no hate, no selfishness, no caring, nothing at all. The reason for this was that if you don't feel you won't kill nor destruct, nor do any harm. The PSY species has their power in their minds, some are telekinetic, some can create mental viruses while others can kill others just with a thought. Such is their power that they have become the more powerful beings on Earth. But this is about to change as the PsyNet is getting fractured and many Psy are changing, becoming broken. The PSYs who rule this species, the Council, are suppose to fix every problem that appears. They are the most powerful PSYs and they have complete power to rule as they feel like doing, so what is it to stop them from doing the wrong thing? PSYs are suppose to do the logical thing, the right one, so nobody expects the Council to act wrongly because they shouldn't be able to do so, they are PSYs after all. But if some PSY are starting to break, how can you put all your trust and give free power to PSYs who are not being controlled by anybody else than themselves?

As if getting to know this amazing and complex species wasn't enough, we get to read about the CHANGELINGS, beings who are not completely human but are half animal. Lucas is a changeling Alpha who would do anything to protect his people. While he is at the top of the command chain, there are others on his pack that could be able to take him down merging forces if he goes rouge; but they never would as they love their alpha and would do anything to protect him. He has won his place and has everyone's loyalty. Lucas get's introduce to Sascha after starting business negotiations with the PSYs. Both will get to know better and realize none was what they thought would really be. So many things happen, so many mysteries get resolve while others begin. Two races are now on the verge of war, things start to change, the Changeling wont allow so much power to the PSY.Where will Sascha stand? How can a PSY change if she isn't even suppose to feel anything at all? How will Lucas be able to make her understand?

So many things happen in this series that it's not possible not to ADORE it. This is the series with the best plot, no doubts what so ever, you just can't help to get sucked into it. The need to understand and get to know more about everything is overwhelming. I'm just happy I made this re-read because now I was finally able to understand everything and get to appreciate the book way more. I really wanna recommend you guys a 2nd read, definitely the best course of action with this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slave to Sensation.

07/07/2009 page 143
03/31/2011
1.0% "starting a re-read of this series very soon. Once I'm done with all this amazing new releases that have come out this 29th. Can't wait! I have been dying to do this re-read forever. THIS WAS MY 2nd SERIES EVER READ!LOL, right after reading BDB. This 2 made everything start for me." 4 comments
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Teri Enjoy, these books were great!

message 2: by valee (last edited Jul 05, 2009 04:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

valee haha, i was just searching for my next serie. i'm finishing midnight breed -which was great-, and i was between this serie and lord of the underworld, to start next

Shawna Let me know how you like this one...I still haven't started on this series yet.

Laurie Garrison Let me know how this one goes.. I've been looking at them on amazon..

Meredith Barrons I haven't read this series but I read the first in her new series called "Angel's Blood". It was soooo good.

Shannon C. This is a great series! I thought the first book was very good and I got more and more hooked as the series goes on. I like it better than LotU. LotU has some good books but also has some stinkers. One of Singh's strength's is her consistency. I haven't read a bad book by her yet--and I've read all of the Psy Changelings as well as her new Guild Hunters.

valee I read them all and NS is definitely one of the best writers I have read because I still have to find a book I didn't love. I was so surprise with this book because I remember feeling not this excited about it the first time I read it as it took me a lot to understand it. But now that I know everything there is to know about this series, to read it again after so long was the best thing I could do! I loved it even more.

This book has become one of my favs in the series now because it was so much easier to read and enjoy.

Tracy I agree with rereading this one, esp. after all the others. I loved it a lot more after reading the others, and I think it's because you really understand the world more. I don't recall loving it the first time I read it but I do now. It really grew on me.

valee Exactly. First time I gave to it 4 stars and wan't that crazy about it. But now after reading all the rest I could really understand everything that was going on and I loved it!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Lady Vale!

valee :)

message 12: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Thanks Vale!!

valee No problem Sarah! Let me know once you get to it.

message 14: by Tina (new)

Tina Thanks for the recommendation however, you and I read a a lot of the same books. I remember when i discovered NS. OMG I was like how come no one told me? I didn't have the goodreads family. Lol. I love NS. I have a read ALL the books and am like a kid with their favorite candy when I get my hands on the next book. Love Love Love her books.

message 15: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Great review, Lady Vale. This is a series that I hope to start soon.

valee You should AH because it's one of the bests! I know you're gonna love it!

valee Me too Tina!

message 18: by Yvonne (new) - added it

Yvonne Peña I always read your reviews and i agree most of the time :) so i added this book in my to read pile which is getting bigger by the day :)

valee hahaha, I liked the 'most of the time' part,lol. I hope you like this one Yvonne.