Jackie's Reviews > Death's Daughter

Death's Daughter by Amber Benson

Jul 05, 09

bookshelves: series, books-by-friends, vamps-and-other-paranormal-pleasure
Read in July, 2009

This book came out earlier this year, but recently caught my attention because it's
written by Amber Benson, the actress who played Tara on the Buffy The Vampire Slayer
television series, of which I am a fan. I had to see how she did.

The verdict--pretty darn good. Calliope Reaper-Jones had run away from the family
business, going so far as to put a Forgetting Charm on herself so she could be "normal". The charm is broken by her father's assistant who comes to find her when her father, sister, and the whole board of Death, Inc. are kidnapped. Calli is the only one who can help find them--if she's able to complete the tasks to become Death in her father's absence. This is a very readable book with lots of interesting twists and turns and plenty of creativity. It's the first of a planned series.

It's a bit gorey at times, and there is some sex talk, but nothing worse than what anyone with cable is seeing in prime time really. I think this will be a great recommend for fans of Charleine Harris, Kim Harrison, Mary Ann Davidson or Kim Harrison--in other words, folks who like some funny with their paranormal.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death's Daughter.