Kathrynn's Reviews > Into the Dark

Into the Dark by Gena Showalter

Feb 18, 2016

did not like it
bookshelves: romance-paranormal, series-lotu_showalter, anthology, unfinished-2016, 2016, boo_and_hiss, owned, reviewed
Read from February 12 to 14, 2016

This book consisted of 3 short (SHORT!) stories and from pages 298 - 394 was a pretend question and answer session with some of the Lords of the Underworld characters. My eyes were rolling as I had to type that, too.

1. The Darkest Fire (pages 9-88)
Odd short story with a goddess who was cast down to hell to help maintain a wall to keep demons inside of hell and the guardian of "hell's doorway." For hundreds of years, Geryon (guardian) and Kadence (goddess) saw each other, but never spoke or made direct eye contact. Geryon was locked in his spot by Lucifer and could not move except to defend the "gate" (wall).

Some demons were digging their way out of the wall and Kadence went to Lucifer to ask if he would release Geryon to help her make repairs on the wall.

This story was okay, but so many scenes had me rolling my eyes.

Blank pages after this story until the next story started...

2. The Amazon's Curse (pages 93-140)
Very short and trashy. All about sex and mating--with Amazon women. I stopped reading this. The Amazon women had male captures and they were fighting over who could mate with who. Mostly they fought over a male vampire and when the pages started to turn to how they could keep the vampire's penis erect, I decided this was not for me. Trashy.

Blank pages after this story until the next story started...

3. The Darkest Prison (pages 145-206)
A Lords of the Underworld book and it was all about sex, too. I started it, but geeze. This didn't work for me. I'm not interested in reading about 2 characters screwing like rabbits.

This entire book was a flop for This Reader. Normally, I enjoy this author's sense of humor in her characters, but not trashy stories all about sex.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Dark.

02/12 marked as: to-read