Michael's Reviews > Little Black Book of Connections: 6.5 Assets for Networking Your Way to Rich Relationships

Little Black Book of Connections by Jeffrey Gitomer

Jan 16, 10

bookshelves: 2010, business
Read in January, 2010

Think human commodity.

Everything in this short book is accurate and I agree with everything the author presents. However, I just don't like the idea of sizing up every person I meet to see what they can do for me. The author instructs the reader to give value first so a connection is made so the other person sees value in you. That's a great thing to do. Does it feel right? Not usually. It's called using people. Like it or not, those are the mechanics of socializing. That's how it works! You can agree/disagree, participate or not, but it's not going to change the way things function.

It really is about who you know and who knows you. Like it or not!

So if you meet me and I give you some sort of value, I may truly like you or I may just be playing you like all the rest. You'll never know, because now I've read Little Black Book of Connections. The author doesn't present it this way, but ultimately that is what is being instructed - and I know it works.

That's all for now. I need to go make my list of people I need to meet and connect with, and figure out how I'm going to get to them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Black Book of Connections.