Marie's Reviews > Drawing Blood

Drawing Blood by Poppy Z. Brite

Feb 23, 12

bookshelves: e-books, mine, read-in-2010, favourites, read-in-2012
Read from February 19 to 22, 2012, read count: 2

This is the second time I read this book and I went back to see what I'd written about it the last time. It still holds true so I can just copy/paste it in here:

"I could quote this whole book. This about tells you everything you need to know about the story/style and characters. I utterly and totally fell in love with Trevor and Zach and with their little quirky development. Brite at her best when it comes to style and storyline though her Lost Souls vampires still hold a special place in my heart. This whole book is one massive poetic work of genius and I think I might love it that tiny, tiny bit more. If it had Nothing and Ghost in it, it'd be the ultimate LOVE but they're not there, though Ghost gets mentioned (after all, we're in Missing Mile). If you love Brite and/or horror stories and if you don't mind some boy on boy love, you'll love this book to pieces. I would recommend reading Lost Souls before though although they're not exactly dependent on each other."

I wish I could write like her, that's what I kept thinking the second time reading it. I wish I had the talent to put words together in the way Brite does. Although it is basically a horror novel, it's the most beautiful horror I've ever read. Writing like this makes me happy, it makes me utterly happy like chocolate cakes and warm sunny afternoons lying in bed with the puppy curled up next to me. That's how happy this book makes me.

And now I'll stop ;) Read it. (No, really. Do.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drawing Blood.