Hollowspine's Reviews > Locke & Key, Volume 1: Welcome to Lovecraft

2069761
Jul 28, 14

bookshelves: graphic-novel
Read in October, 2008

Although I got this comic due to the mention of Lovecraft in the title, thinking it would have something to do with the mythos. My only criticism of the book is that it didn't deliver on that expectation. Other than that I really enjoyed reading about the Locke family in their strange new home. I love the idea of different keys and doors hidden around a house that can do different things. The characters are all pretty interesting, and for single comic book there is a lot of character development going on. I can't wait to see what unfolds next, just who is that mysterious character in the well and why is she/he(?) hanging around the family? Who was he/she to the father, how old is that guy? Why were they in the well? For what nefarious purpose did he/she pursue/aid that boy to kill the Daddy Locke and escape from the prison? Why was he/she imprisoned in the first place? So many questions. Can't wait for the next release.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Locke & Key, Volume 1.