Kelly's Reviews > The Kite Runner

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Feb 03, 08

Read in September, 2007

I'm torn between 3 and 4 stars...I'm concerned that because I have such an intense dislike for the main character I'm actually projecting that onto the book. But I really can't say that I loved this book, the way I normally would for a 4-star-er......... Of course I do have to give this book credit for making me think about it so much, both during and after finishing reading it. Not only am I thinking about "is there really such a thing as redemption, and if there is, can any sin no matter how heinous be "redeemed"...but I also have to wonder why I so vehemently dislike this main character. He's not an intentionally malicious character, but despite that I honestly and truly dislike him. Hmmm. we'll call it a 3 1/2 star-er.

I'm writing this particular review several months after my initial review...I want everyone to know that I now make this book a FIVE STAR review. you heard me.

that should explain it all. that...and my hatred for cheap white wine (that's right, I'm talking to YOU, baltimore city, feminist, book club). You are on my list.

anyone who gets my colbert reference gets an automatic five stars. strong work...you are NOT on my list.

ciao.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kite Runner.