Debbie Petersen's Reviews > Her Fearful Symmetry

Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger

Jan 30, 10

bookshelves: absolute-drek
Read in January, 2010

** spoiler alert ** How can this have been written by the same person who wrote The Time Traveler's Wife? I looked forward to the release of Niffenegger's new book for months and waited rather impatiently for my library copy--I had quite a long wait, since I started as number 83 or so. The beginning seemed promising, but this led to silliness and finally a ludicrous storyline that is an insult to the intelligence of her readers. As if this is not bad enough, there is a creepy "romance" that smacks of pedophilia and a plot "twist" that has been done many times before with twins. The only reason I was surprised was that it didn't occur to me that an author would try that old one again. (Can we say Parent Trap?) The only characters I cared about at all were Martin and Marijk; unfortunately Marijk fled early on. I can't say that I blame her.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Fearful Symmetry.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Isobel I've only gotten through a third of this book. I'm not sure I can read any more of it.

message 2: by F.Alan (new)

F.Alan Reynolds Thanks for the review...I will save my money and may get it from the library in the future.