Sandy M's Reviews > Lord of the Fading Lands

Lord of the Fading Lands by C.L. Wilson

Jul 21, 11

bookshelves: paranormal, shapeshifters, favorites

I have found my book of the year. Maybe even my book of the decade. C.L. Wilson’s LORD OF THE FADING LANDS is simply wonderful, fantastic, terrific. How easily I have to eat my words. When I first looked at the cover of this book, I thought, “Uh-oh, I have a feeling I’m not going to like this one, it’s fantasy.” Now, I don’t have a thing against fantasy books. I just love my historicals and paranormals more, so I don’t read many fantasies. Even as much as I loved LotFL, I don’t think I’m going to be a 100% lover of fantasies (I will give some a try here and there, however), but I’m definitely now a die-hard fan of C.L. Wilson’s.

After fighting in the Mage Wars a thousand years ago, losing his heartmate in those wars, and also losing himself in grief so deeply that he breathed fire on half the world, burning anything and everything in his wake, Rain Tairen Soul is coming out of his self-imposed reclusiveness to save his people, the fey, and the tairen.

Being a woodcarver’s daughter has brought a happy to life to Ellysetta Baristani. She has a long-standing fascination of all things fey, and has yet to meet the man who can capture her heart. Trying to put the wretch who is courting her out of her mind, she eagerly agrees to take her sisters to brave the crowds that will gather to see Rain Tairen Soul when he visits her town, Celieria, after so many years.

Once Rain finds Ellysetta, his body and soul respond to her as they never have for another and as hasn’t happened in over a thousand years. The more he knows of his truemate, the more he knows that she has hidden magic within her. Elly is definitely falling in love with Rain and all that he is.

C.L. Wilson is the best at painting a magical world that has never been seen before, at creating characters with depth and integrity, and giving readers true romance and a love story for all time. Rain and Elly are the most engaging and romantic hero and heroine that has come along in a very long time. The secondary characters are all wonderful, but Elly’s fey guards are my favorite.

Book CoverThis is a book that you will not be able to put down, literally. So much happens so quickly that I think if you blink, you’ll miss something! And LotFL is only the beginning; there are three more books scheduled. LADY OF LIGHT AND SHADOWS is the second, out Oct 30, 2007. So if you hurry, you still have plenty of time to purchase the book (now books) of the decade!

See my complete review at http://www.goodbadandunread.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of the Fading Lands.