Crystal's Reviews > Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary

Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull

Jul 18, 09

bookshelves: young-adult, fantasy, gift-wish-list
Read in July, 2009

I think I've said before that Brandon Mull has apparently never met an adjective he didn't like. It makes his writing very rich and vivid--and often rather cumbersome. sometimes I'll have to reread a sentence a time or two to make sure I'm not missing some description mixed in there that's actually important.
that said, however, I still love this series. this was the slowest book so far. I read it in bits and pieces, and it wasn't til the final quest near the end that was reading breathlessly and couldn't put it down. I don't care for the parts of his stories that take place off the preserves--I think he does much better sticking to the fantastical settings and events.
I do really like how Seth is maturing and how his gifts and character are developing. and Kendra continues to be a favorite. I did not see the ending coming (well, I did, because I cheated and peeked at the ending, but I don't recommend it. the end is such a surprise that you don't want to spoil it going in.) I am curious to see what happens in the fifth and apparently final book, and I'm impatient for it to be released. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary.