Jacqueline's Reviews > Everything Matters!

Everything Matters! by Ron Currie Jr.

Nov 28, 2012

Read in November, 2012

This is one of those books that you can't quite give five stars to, but it is really worth more than four.

Everything Matters is the story of a boy who knows from the moment of conception, or at least, at some point before being born, that the world is going to end by impact with a comet when he is in his 30's.

The plot is really quite complicated. I wouldn't exactly say I like it although it is told with humor and truth. There is a part in the middle of the story though, the second section, that is just so good, and the book's themes are themes that have haunted my own life at least since I was three years old.

The moral of the story is that everything ends and everything matters regardless of the seeming dichotomy. That really isn't a spoiler since the title of the book states that everything matters.

I recommend this book to those who don't mind quirky plots or writing styles and who like to think beneath the surface of a text. I think this book will haunt me for a long time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything Matters!.