Mojca's Reviews > House of Midnight Fantasies (Rich and Reclusive)

House of Midnight Fantasies (Rich and Reclusive) by Kristi Gold

Jan 08, 10

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, kristi-gold, harlequin-and-silhouette
Read in January, 2010, read count: 1

A divorcée is hired to restore an old plantation, House of Midnight, but is sidetracked by the tall, dark, handsome, and brooding reclusive who owns it.

Wow. Let's just say this story exceeded all my expectations. I'm not very fond of Silhouette Desire stories, but lucky for me, this one somehow didn't fit the SD bill. Sure, the hero was somewhat of a jackass, but he actually had a good motive for his sometimes boorish behavior, and the heroine was no wilting violet ready to do his bidding.

The tension was palpable, the chemistry scorching, and the big mystery intriguing enough to turn the pages. And the reveal was a true surprise, I certainly didn't expect it would turn the way it did.
Kudos for the gothic feel, with the atmosphere, the old house full of strange noises, a dusty attic, a locked room, and a history of tragedy.

A nicely woven story. 4 ½ stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read House of Midnight Fantasies (Rich and Reclusive).

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan Thanks for the review! I'm going to put this book on my wishlist. Love those gothic-flavored stories.