Angela's Reviews > Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia

Nov 09, 10

bookshelves: 2009, pub-lb, books-i-own, love-or-romance, magic, monsters-and-creatures, urban-fantasy, unfinished-series, read-in-2009, read-in-2010
Read from October 15 to November 07, 2010

10/15/10
Re-reading in preparation for #2 BEAUTIFUL DARKNESS. I feel like I can't remember anything from my first go round!

I loved this story again and can't wait to get my hands on the next book ... it's in transit to my library as I write! Yay! I love the atmosphere and the characters.

8/21/09
This could have been 5 stars except that it was too long in places.

Now, don't me wrong -- I love a long book. This one is over 600 pages! It has lots of room for developing characters and the story. But I wasn't hooked to the story until around Page 200. The information in the first 200 pages was interesting and definitely important to the story, but I could easily put the book down and had no clue as to what the big problem of the story would be or even anything that remotely hinted at it ... at least hints that were strong enough, anyway. And even after the action picked up, there were still small parts that dragged a little, even during the ending.

But I loved everything else about the story. Especially the world of magic, the things/people/places that protected the characters or were fighting against them.

I don't know for sure, but I'm betting there is at least a sequel to this story and I am excited to know what happens next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Creatures.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Carrielyn I just read on the authors' web site that this is the first of 5 books. I believe #2 will be out this coming Dec.

Angela The first of 5??!! Yikes! At least the first book had a pretty good "ended" feeling to it even though it was also obvious that the story wasn't over. I hope the rest of the books will be the same way.