Debbie's Reviews > Nick of Time

Nick of Time by Ted Bell

1906831
Jul 01, 09

Read in June, 2009

A grand sea adventure taking place around an Island in the English Channel in two different times. The 12 year old protagonist must depend on his sailing knowledge and courage as he and others are called upon to protect England from Nazis pre WWII and from an evil kidnapping pirate set on destroying the Royal Navy in 1803. Colorfully written with vocabulary approprite for the time(s)with alot of nautical terms it is suspenseful albeit graphically violent in some scenes. For this reason I feel it is best suited for older readers; 7-8th and possibly spring 6th.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nick of Time.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Debbie,
I have this book from the library. I read the inside cover and it didn't grab me so I decided not to read it at this time. However, I'm so glad I read your review before I returned it to the library because based on your review, this sounds like a book I would actually really like. Chris also thought I would like it, that's why she recommended it to me. Between her recommendation and your review, I will give it a second chance!
Hope your summer is going well. My Kelly is so excited to take your Kelly's SYTYCD camp in August!

We were just watching some old J&T DVD's last night and saw the "hippy" medley duo that Kelly did. Boy, she must have been 12 or so??? She's always had it, hasn't she? :)

I will forward a picture of Kelly that I took at the first dance marathon. I "caught" her in the kitchen cleaning cabinet acting kinda silly (what a surprise!). It's a very funny picture.

Take care,
Jamie

Debbie Jamie,
Thanks for your comment about Nick of Time. I saw it last summer on the review shelf and as I'm always looking for good "boy" books read it with no expectations and really liked it. I understand the author has written a sequel which I hope to get around to.
My Kelly is also looking forward to dance camp. She really enjoys being at the studio with all the girls. Thanks for the blast from the past memory re:"Get Happy". She was in 7th grade and yes, she has always loved to entertain through dance...you can see it in her face.
I think I know which picture you are talking about as I believe it made the team end of year DVD that year. I would love a copy when you can.
Enjoy your summer,