Kermit's Reviews > An Assembly Such as This

An Assembly Such as This by Pamela Aidan

Jul 01, 09

bookshelves: adult-fiction
Read in June, 2009

3.5 stars. It's Pride and Prejudice from the viewpoint of Mr. Darcy. Something in my female heart yearned, though, for a little more description of Elizabeth. Yes, he thinks she has fine eyes and he likes the raise of her eyebrows and the blush on her cheek and the fire in her eyes and the humorous tilt of her mouth stuff like that---so it is somewhat true to the style of Austen. But I was also kind of hoping for a little more description of her clothing---but since men don't usually notice things like that---I was a little disappointed. But I like how he viwed Caroline Bingley, and yet was always so civil and polite to her. He could pretty much see through her and it was fun to know his thoughts. His affection for his sister and for Charles is very telling of his character. But in this first book of the trilogy, he IS proud and haughty and so very aware of his class standing. It was interesting to know how he spends his time when in London. The title of the book is taken from the opening scenes of the book when he and Charles and Caroline and Louisa Hurst arrive at the dance at the public hall where he first meets the Bennets.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Assembly Such as This.