Allison's Reviews > The Little Bit Scary People

The Little Bit Scary People by Emily Jenkins

Jul 01, 2009

bookshelves: picture-books
Read in July, 2009

Jenkins, Emily The Little Bit Scary People, 32 pgs. Hyperion; Language~G, Sexual Content~G; Violence~G

“Some people are a little bit STRANGE, or a little too LOUD, or a tiny bit MEAN. Some people are just A LITTLE BIT SCARY. But I bet if you knew them . . . . if you knew what they like for breakfast, and how they treat their pets, and how they sing along to show tunes or read cowboy stories on the couch. . . .then you’d know that maybe. . . .(probably). . .most people aren’t so scary after all.”(excerpt from front flap of the hardcover edition)

Do you ever change to the other side of the street or advert your eyes so that you don’t have to say hello? We all make judgments about those around us based on their clothing, hairstyle, makeup, actions, etc. But what if we really knew them, would our actions & attitudes change. I love this book because it makes you stop and think that maybe that skateboard dude loves cats just like you :-)

Elementary ESSENTIAL Allison Madsen~Teen Librarian-SJO Public Librarian

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Little Bit Scary People.