Shelleyrae at Book'd Out's Reviews > Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

Nov 04, 09

Read in October, 2009

A shallow, narcissistic exploration of love and spirituality by a shallow, narcissistic woman. I had to push myself through much of the book but I could have forgiven her if she had learnt anything about responsibility, empathy or altrusim. But sadly it ends where she began - certain that her happiness is all that matters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eat, Pray, Love.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Carolyn Very similar to my review, but well done to you for actually finishing the damned thing. I used 'solipsistic' instead of 'narcissistic', because it preserved the 's' sequence of 'stupid' and 'self-centred!

Bette BookAddict Shelleyrae, my review says: "what a self-absorbed wank, pardon the crudity, but it is. I read this book through to the navel-gazing, look at me end purely because I hate to not finish a book. Run for your lives - do not bother reading this. 1★"

I'm happy to see that we agree in our opinions of this book.

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out Bette Book Babble wrote: "Shelleyrae, my review says: "what a self-absorbed wank, pardon the crudity, but it is. I read this book through to the navel-gazing, look at me end purely because I hate to not finish a book. Run f..."

We certainly do!