Karen's Reviews > Relentless

Relentless by Clair M. Poulson

Jan 20, 12

bookshelves: adult-fiction
Read in January, 2012

Meh, I think I'm gonna give up on Clair Poulson books. I like that they are clean. But it's just sort of weird that they are suddenly about Mormon people when the story has nothing to do with that element.
In this book, it was a big scarey adventure. A young girl gets taken hostage by an escaped murderer and driven all over the country. The adventures and storyline were good...that's the thing that kept me reading. But if I had to read one more time about how she was scared of dying so she just stopped crying and did what he asked, I think I might have screamed. That's the only thought, emotion, anything the main girl had the entire book. In every scene, in every situation, that was what was described about her. And while the plot kept moving, it was interesting to see how many different ways the author could come up with for them to steal a car. Over and over again.
I don't know....just sort of kept reading to finish. Sort of felt like I really was just wasting time I should have been sleeping or doing something more productive with my time. Not a guilty pleasure....just a guilty.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Relentless.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin I read a different book by the same author and it drove me nuts the number of times the main character would cry. I like strong women as main characters, but ones that cry every other page don't come across as particularly strong women.