Afton Nelson's Reviews > These Is My Words

These Is My Words by Nancy E. Turner

Jun 30, 09

bookshelves: adult
Read in June, 2009

Oh my!!! It has been so long since a book as swept me up and kept me reading until 2am without a thought of sleep. Dynamic characters, moving story, gripping plot...I could not put it down. Thanks Shirley for the recommendation.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read These Is My Words.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Erika I LOOOOVED this book! I cried my eyes out after I finished it. Don't you feel that it strengthened you--like you can do anything because of what she went through? I often think of her when I'm cleaning my little homestead or hanging clothes on the line. It makes me appreciate and enjoy the life that I'm living right now.

Afton Nelson Erika wrote: "I LOOOOVED this book! I cried my eyes out after I finished it. Don't you feel that it strengthened you--like you can do anything because of what she went through? I often think of her when I'm clea..."

Yes! So many times I thought: What? No! Not something else. Let her have some peace and happiness. I was intrigued by the way she didn't give herself credit for her greatness. She was always talking about how she felt like if people only knew the real her they wouldn't like her. She had so much respect for Savannah, but I think Savannah also felt inadequate at times and looked up to Sarah. Just amazing. I loved the love story. Was sick when Jack kept leaving to chase Geronimo. Perfect character development and perfect characters. I'm glad she made Jack's end fairly quick and that he didn't linger with the hope of surviving. That would have made a 3 hanky ending into a flood.

One more thing...I don't know what to think about the fact that she and Jack never discussed the "book" and his amazingly romantic letter. Sometimes I wish she would have told him she knew and other times I liked that she just knew but didn't talk with him about it. Wow!! Oh! And he was so attached to that saddle bag, like it was his heart.

What I wondered though, was how she came to find that random page on the trail and they days/weeks later, the book it came from. There were times where Jack was doing things for her, obviously, like feeding the horses etc. But I always wondered about the story behind that ripped out page. What are the chances?