Kelly H. (Maybedog)'s Reviews > The Swamps of Sleethe: Poems From Beyond the Solar System

The Swamps of Sleethe by Jack Prelutsky

Jun 30, 09

bookshelves: what-ya-and-children, abandoned, how-poetry
Read in June, 2009

This one is even less original than the other book of his I reviewed "My Dog May Be a Genius." Same staid rhyming schemes, same not so funniness. Each poem is about a type of creature from some planet, not even different sorts of science fiction tales. Really ordinary.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Swamps of Sleethe.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lisa Vegan Hmm. Well, I voted for your review because it's an eloquent opposing opinion. I actually loved these. I thought that they were a lot of fun and different from any I'd known. I know some reluctant readers who could really get into these, especially some boys who don't normally like poetry. I didn't think they were funny ha ha, but I figure for kids, a lot of them not being science fiction readers but being interested in aliens... But, your review should be bumped up for others to see so I did vote for it.

Kelly H. (Maybedog) That's sweet. I was more specific in my review of the other book. Really, our reviews aren't that relevant. What matters is whether kids will read the books. If so, yay!