Amanda's Reviews > The Philosophy of Andy Warhol

The Philosophy of Andy Warhol by Andy Warhol

Jul 08, 09

Read in July, 2009

"I suppose I have a really lose interpretation of 'work,' because I think that just being alive if so much work at something you don't always want to do. Being born is like being kidnapped. And then sold into slavery. People are always working every minute. The machinery is always going. Even when you sleep." - p. 96

"The idea of America is so wonderful because the more equal something is, the more American it is." - p. 101

"When I was a child I never had a fantasy about having a maid, what I had a fantasy about having was candy. As I matured that fantasy translated itself into 'make money to have candy,' because as you get older, of course, you get more realistic." - p. 103

"When I look around today, the biggest anachronism I see is pregnancy. I just can't believe that people are still pregnant." - p. 118

This should be on Ryan Seacrest's tombstone: "I don't think anybody, no matter how famous they are in other fields, could ever feel as peculiar as a television star. Not even the biggest rock star whose records are playing on sound systems everywhere he goes could feel as peculiar as someone who knows he's on everybody's television regularly. No matter how small he is, he has all the space he could ever want, right there in the television box." - p. 147

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Philosophy of Andy Warhol.

Quotes Amanda Liked

Andy Warhol
“When I look around today, the biggest anachronism I see is pregnancy. I just can't believe that people are still pregnant.”
Andy Warhol, The Philosophy of Andy Warhol

Andy Warhol
“I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of 'work,' because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do.”
Andy Warhol, The Philosophy of Andy Warhol