Tynga's Reviews > City of Glass

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

Jun 29, 2009

bookshelves: favorites
Read in January, 2010

Clary's mother is still in a coma at the hospital, Valentine is on the loose and Jace & Clary just learnt they are siblings, which makes everything much more complicated. Can it get any worst?

The Lightwells have been summoned by the Clave after the events of New York and Clary wants to tag along in hopes to save her mother from her condition. But Jace won't let her, and Clary, true to her stubborn self, will find a way to make it to the City of Glass anyway.
Not a classy entrance, and one that will create many waves in a community on the edge of a big crisis - a war is coming.

I LOVED City of Glass, the entire book is a rollercoaster of emotions and nothing is what is seems. Friends and foes mix in together to give this novel an amazing depth and a fair share of betrayals and surprises. Clare's suspense was nicely calculated and I didn't see any of the major events coming, so Kudos for keeping us on the edge of our seats.

A story with so many first plan characters can easily be overwhelming, but The Mortal Instruments series is so well written, you are fond of every characters. If I had to pick a favorite, I honestly don't know you I would choose.
I love Clary's determination, Simon's originality, Isabelle's style & attitude, Alex's "secret life", Jace's sense of humour & fondness for Clary, Luke's gentleness & fierceness. Each and every character as this little something that makes them so unique and lovable.

It was also nice to visit Alicante. The Mortal Instrument series' world has always been great and unique but it was even more interesting to be in the core of the Nephilims' world.

I loved the end, there was a grief and sadness in the air balanced with a good share of happiness and I was quite pleased with it. I felt like the loop was closed, no major cliffhanger and the series could have ended right then, but I'm really happy that there will be a fourth book early 2011. I can't have enough of this world and it's characters!

If you haven't started this series yet, you should really pick it up. It's a Fantastic story with action, love, treason, grief and so much more, a unique world you won't forget!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Glass.