Dan Porter's Reviews > Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex

Bonk by Mary Roach

Feb 09, 15

read count: 1

Roach can probably take any topic and make it interesting as well as humorous. It's apparent that she is very devoted to her research. I will very likely be reading her other two books soon.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bonk.

message 1: by Fiona (new) - added it

Fiona I read Stiff last year and really, really liked it. I really want to read the other two... I think my library has one of them but not the other.

message 2: by Dan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dan Porter The copy of Bonk I read was from the library. I just checked and they have the other two as well...even at the branch I normally go to. Guess I'll be making a library run this afternoon.

message 3: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jen Stiff was really great- even better than Bonk, almost. Did you ever get around to reading it?

message 4: by Dan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dan Porter I haven't had the chance to read it yet. That might be a good one to get the "taste" of Ulysses out of my brain when I finish it.

JSou Stiff was my favorite from her, though I liked Bonk too. Spook I didn't really care for, but I think it was because I listened to the audio version.

message 6: by Dan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dan Porter Hmmm. Two recommendations in the same day...and one of them from my favorite recommender. ☺ I guess Stiff will have to be my next read.

Cindy Totally agree with Fiona, Jen & Jessica about Stiff being the best of the 3 books she's published. Although, I really liked all of them - her humor cracks me up!

Heather I have to go with the majority on this. Stiff was really entertaining. :)

message 9: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jen I haven't read Spook, but my friend didn't like it.

message 10: by Hallie (new) - added it

Hallie Huffman I loved Stiff!!! She is hilarious. Spook was good too, as well as the space one, but I think Stiff was the best I've read. I can't wait to read Bonk.

message 11: by Gina (new) - added it

Gina Whitlock Stiff is also very good. I haven't read this one yet.