Shaya's Reviews > Bloodhound

Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce

Jun 29, 09

bookshelves: summer-2009, tamora-pierce, audio-books, fantasy
Read in June, 2009

I really really got into this book. I liked Terrier but I really got into Beka Cooper's world with Bloodhound.

Tunstall is laid up with broken legs at the beginning of the story. Beka gets a scenthound, Atchoo, who is a fun character to watch. Goodwin, Beka, and Atchoo are sent to Port Caynn to investigate cole passing (fake silver coins). They meet several river gamblers who they become friends with including Dale Rowan and Hans. Beka becomes romantically involved with Dale but keeps wondering if he is involved with the cole passing becaus he travels and gambles which are both ways the coles are getting through the money system. Goodwin flirts with Hans. I liked having Goodwin be fleshed out more and she seemed very real.

I loved how the mystery elements of it played out. I felt like I was discovering the plot aspects with Beka and not working ahead of her or falling behind. Some things were definitely laid out about who was behind the cole-mongering but there were more pieces that had to be filled in, such as the why.

Beka made some mistakes but she also had some great successes which made up for them.

Overall, this is a very fun read and informative about the Tortall world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodhound.