Bettie☯'s Reviews > Something Like an Autobiography

Something Like an Autobiography by Akira Kurosawa

Mar 06, 14

bookshelves: autobiography-memoir, one-penny-wonder, dodgy-narrator, winter-20092010
Read from June 29, 2009 to January 16, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I picked this one up last night(29/06/2009) and it will be quite a while before I feel inclined to read further than the intro then up to page 2 as the opening story was about his vivid memory of having been in a bath, rocking it so hard that it fell over. This occurred BEFORE HE WAS ONE YEAR OLD. lol

(Resumed 20/12/2009)

Page 70 The Sapling

"Ordinarily, children are supposed to spend their childhood like saplings sheltered in a greenhouse. Even if on occasion some wind or rain of the real world slips in through the cracks, a child is not supposed to be weatherbeaten in earnest by sleet and snow"

Loadsa film bitties in here - a must, methinks, for the buffs out there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Like an Autobiography.

01/13/2010 page 50
24.39% "Darkness and Humanity - The Great Kantö Earthquake."

Michael The childhood vignettes get a little more interesting, I promise.

message 2: by Bettie☯ (last edited Jan 13, 2010 02:20PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bettie☯ Hello there Michael - it will be hard to take his memories seriously as no-one but a fabricator could say that a babe of less than a year has a vivid memorial event. Could be that this imagination is what fed his tremendous success as a film director, so when I feel in the mood for some more whimsy I may well pick this up again.