Vicky's Reviews > Everything Is Miscellaneous: The Power of the New Digital Disorder

Everything Is Miscellaneous by David Weinberger

Jun 29, 09

This book was dedicated to librarians; today many of them employed by the variety of industries as the "Knowledge specialists". This book explains why this change in title is happening .The book is about our relation with information and how we access and categorise knowledge differently in the digital era. It is about a move from order to miscellaneous, from Dewey system to numerous databases, social networks and on-line encyclopedias. It is about chaos that creates an amazing surge in knowledge, information and thought process. Here we see the lesson from Wikipedia, the miscellaneous collection of anonymous authors that open to discussion, editing and collaboration. Wikipedia does not pretend to be 100% perfect, recognises its weak points and open to contribution. Another lesson is from Amazon with different way of presenting information, offers to make lists, reviews and suggestions. In this new digital time users are in charge of organisation of information. There is much more mess in this virtual world and there are numerous interactions on-line - all of it creates a new world of knowledge.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything Is Miscellaneous.