Dick's Reviews > Consent to Kill

Consent to Kill by Vince Flynn

Jun 28, 09

Read in June, 2009

Vince Flynn is an outstanding writer of fiction. He reminds me of Dan Brown in that he researches his subject matter very well so that it seems in some respects like a non-fiction book. He introduces his characters well such that you rarely need to look back to refresh your memory about which character he is referencing. Moreover, the dialogue between and among characters in the book, as well as transitioning from scene to scene is extremely smooth and natural. Chapter length is typically between 4 - 12 pages so, when you finish a chapter, you are not reluctant to move into the next chapter because of the substance, as well as the length.

The main character is CIA counter-terrorism agent, Mitch Rapp, who is highly regarded by the CIA Director and the President of the U.S. because of his success in advising on and addressing dangerous situations in the past. What makes this particular novel so interesting is that someone has placed a bounty on the head of Mitch Rapp and you are introduced to an assassin who is targeting Rapp ... one of the most highly skilled assassins in the world. This book also has a most unusual ending.

I highly recommend Vince Flynn.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Consent to Kill.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

James Sandlin, The ending to this book was definitely unusaul, but I have to say I really liked the way he went with it. One of my favorite books so far.

Dick Thanks for the feedback, James. I liked the ending, too. I recommend all of his books, but another particularly good one is Transfer of Power, about a terrorist infiltration of the White House.

James Sandlin, yes I have read all of them except the Pusuit Of Honor, which I plan on reading next. I love his books and he has quickly became my favorite author. Transfer of Power was the first or second I read, because of certain situations I didnt get to read them in order but I'm caught up now and cant wait to read more.