Oceana2602's Reviews > Das Spiel ist aus

Das Spiel ist aus by Jean-Paul Sartre

Jun 28, 2009

bookshelves: 1995, favourites, french, german, male-writers
Read in November, 1995

"Le Jeux sont faits", another one of my favourite books that we read in school. I read this one in french, though I can't seem to find the french version - sadly so, because books I read in school are the only ones I ever scribbled into, and it's such fun to find those notes from me and my friends in between the lines, the stupid comments, but also the observations and notes from the analysis we did in school.

I completely loved "Le Jeux sont faits". I always had a soft spot for the French existentialists, no, not a soft spot, much more than that, a connection, a real, deep interest and respect. "Le Jeux sont faits" with its returning theme of love as the ulterior motive, that seems to rule everything we do, and yet we are incapable of deflecting from the other choices we make in our lives - we can love, but we still have to do what we have to do, no matter who we love, no matter if it's a good choice or a bad choice, because it is the right choice for us, at right that moment.

I can go on about this for ages, so if any of you ever feel like discussing this, I can be in Paris in about four hours. Bring a bottle of wine or two.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Das Spiel ist aus.