Xiaojuanwu's Reviews > Finding My Voice

Finding My Voice by Marie G. Lee

Jul 04, 2009

bookshelves: summer-reading2009
Read in June, 2009

Parents always expect their child do well in school and put the education at first place rather than other useless stuff. In this book, character Ellen Sung is very sneaky to her parents. They expected her to get A's in school and to becoming like her sister, Michelle go to Harverd. They expected her not to hang out any guy until in college. She needs to be home early before midnight. Ellen doesn't want to disappointed them and on ther side she is having a relationship with a boy named Tomper. She has to keep with side balanced but it's difficult. However, her determination for keeping both sides equal had made an unexpected result.

I think Ellen Sung is very close to me. My parents always pushing me hard and wanted me to have a better future. Ellen's parents want her to be top student because they want her to get big job and don't want to see her suffering like them without any literature. In this connection, I can conclude that all parents want their child to be brilliant and have better future. They don't want to see them suffer for some of them don't even have a chance to go to school during their yougth.

My favorite part of the book is when Ellen's parents told her why she needed to work hard and be motaviated in school. She doesn't put their sentences aside and she is very obedient. At the very end, something is terrible happens to her but she doesn't give up what her parents had told her and her went beyond.

I highly recommend this book to every student. This book is one of great books I ever read. It makes me think of the book Odyssey. Each protagonist had their goal to accomplish but the jorney is different. I also like the author who wrote this book. The explaination is clear and the reading level is just right for me.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding My Voice.