Lisa's Reviews > Relentless

Relentless by Dean Koontz

F 50x66
Oct 14, 12

bookshelves: dean-koontz

** spoiler alert ** As a Dean Koontz fan for the last 20+ years, this will be the last of his I actually purchase, from now on I will get them from the library.

His novels have been getting less and less satisfying over the years. His endings are starting to really suck. Dean tells an awesome, fast paced story that keeps you on your toes with great characters. Then when it comes down to the final end scenes where the bad guy should really get his just desserts .... let me put it this way .... it's like having really hot, amazing sex with someone and right when you are going to orgasm, they pull out and walk away. FRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSTRATING!!!!!!!! NOT COOL DEAN. BTW your toupee is creepy. Just had to throw that out there.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Relentless.

Karen Totally agree!!!! I have read most of his stuff and this is EXACTLY what I thought about "Relentless" and "Your Heart Belongs to Me". Glad it's not only me. I feared I was becoming too cynical.

Lisa It's like he just gives up, it's SO frustrating and a total let down!

Julie I wish he would'nt have rushed the end. It was like he was tired of the story or something. I think the story could have gone on for 4 or 5 more chapters and the reason of the whole story could have been deeper. Loved the charecters.

JoDee First of all you get a "boom"-funny (to anyone who has read the book about the Boom family)! Secondly, my husband and I listened to the audio book as we commuted and he warned me midway that Koontz often does this to his books-fizzles out at the end, and he was right!