Jack's Reviews > In Pursuit of the Green Lion

In Pursuit of the Green Lion by Judith Merkle Riley

Jun 27, 09

Read in June, 2009

High-style trash, an amusing dollop, a ripping yarn. OK, a guilty pleasure, to be sure. But the writing is elegant and the story moves swiftly, with loads of period detail for this 14th Century tale of a woman who abandons hearth and home to search for her missing husband - accompanied by ghosts, alchemists, knights, evil counts, and more.

It's the medieval history version of a beach read.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Pursuit of the Green Lion.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie This sounds like fun Jack. A nice summer read for the beach or a long flight across the Atlantic. I think I might get this one or do you want to sell it or loan it?

Jack Katie wrote: "This sounds like fun Jack. A nice summer read for the beach or a long flight across the Atlantic. I think I might get this one or do you want to sell it or loan it?"

Katie - it's yours if you want it; shall I mail it to Bob's office? All the best to the STL crew! Jack

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie Jack wrote: "Katie wrote: "This sounds like fun Jack. A nice summer read for the beach or a long flight across the Atlantic. I think I might get this one or do you want to sell it or loan it?"

Katie - it's yo..."

If you could mail here that would be good. 10900 Jefferson Rd, Mascoutah, IL., 62258.
Thanks
Would you like to exchange some wallpaper for it? Albert Van Luitt?

Jack Katie - it's also available on Amazon (new) as low as $3.66. Since I actually borrowed this from my brother's guest house, I should probably return his copy. But it's easily found, and loads of fun. I hadn't known that it's a series; there's at least one more in print and available. Happy reading!

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie Thanks-will get it.
Katie