Jim's Reviews > Glenn Beck's Common Sense: The Case Against an Out-of-Control Government, Inspired by Thomas Paine

Glenn Beck's Common Sense by Glenn Beck

Jun 28, 09

Read in June, 2009

I have been listening to Glenn Beck since a short time after September 11, 2001. I have listened to and watched Glenn eviscerate both political parties on both radio and television. Here is a man, despite what you may think of him personally or politically, who tells it like it is.

In his version of Common Sense, he illucidates areas in which our government has usurped our liberties in the name of "the common good." Both political parties have so mismanaged taxpayer dollars for their massive, wasteful government programs, that Bernie Madoff could sit in judgment of these crooks.

This book lifts the veil on government as a whole, and if you think Glenn Beck is a partisan shill, you have another thing coming. If you consider yourself a patriot and you consider yourself a thinking American, swallow your pride, shun your fear, and put aside your personal feelings and read this book.

The time is now to restore the United States of America to common sense government. The kind of government that can balance a checkbook, just like us. The kind of government that lives within its means, just like us. The kind of government that understands they work for us, not us working for them. The kind of government that refuses to uphold this elected aristocracy they have become.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glenn Beck's Common Sense.