Joy's Reviews > The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It

The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber

F 50x66
Jun 28, 09

bookshelves: employment
Read in June, 2009

I want to give this one three and a half. I got one thing out of this book - and I think it was an important thing - that is the focus on the idea that while one's business reflects its owner's personality, it must operate independently of that owner to sustain itself. Other key points included a business needing to express a primary aim outside of the commodities it provides, and what the stages of infancy, adolescence, and maturity can look like for a company, and how it's important to start at maturity.

The conversational style of this book, however, was inauthentic and annoying. The information was good, the examples were good, but the dialogue style really got to me.

That said, I think I will read another of Michael E. Gerber's books, the E-Myth Contractor, since this one did not touch on the specifics of how this kind of way of thinking about entrepreneurship applies to contracting, and I bet I'll find some gems in there!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The E-Myth Revisited.

Nedra actually, don't read the contractor book if you didn't like the e-myth. I read both and found the language frustrating and it didn't speak to me as a business owner. That's just my 2 cents