James Williams's Reviews > iWoz

iWoz by Steve Wozniak

Dec 04, 2013

did not like it
Recommended for: Anyone who loves Woz, and reads at a third grade level
Read in September, 2006

Steve Wozniak is one of my heros. He's a brilliant engineer who changed the world just by doing what he loved to do and doing it well. His sense of humor is legendary and wonderful. I love me some Woz.

So I pre-ordered iWoz as soon as I heard about it and couldn't wait for the Amazon box to arrive at my door.

Boy was I disappointed. The writing for this book is atrocious. It uses small words and basic, repetitive sentence structure. It's boring to read. The stories are interesting but definitely needed the skills of a professional writer. iWoz actually has a "with Gina Smith" writing credit, so I don't know what happened.

I didn't even finish the book. Every sentence is mind-numbing and I just couldn't do it anymore.

Ah well. In the end, Woz has a little bit of my money which he can use to buy another Segway. I'm okay with that. I'm just a little disappointed.
9 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read iWoz.

Bryce You have the wrong area, I'm afraid. A pro writer would not have done a better job. What it really needed was heavy proof reading and editing, not something pro writers do, instead leaving it to somebody else.