Mandy's Reviews > Einstein Never Used Flashcards: How Our Children Really Learn--and Why They Need to Play More and Memorize Less

Einstein Never Used Flashcards by Kathy Hirsh-Pasek

Jul 11, 09

Read in July, 2009

I nearly completely agreed with this book. I often find myself wondering if I'm doing enough to teach my kids. With all the products you can buy you feel like if your child is not reading by 2 they are already behind and you are a bad parent for not buying and teaching it to your child.

This book directly takes on such falsities and gives examples of study after study of why the power of play is more important than anything.

It also explains through research and study (as if common sense weren't enough) of raising your own child and just being with them. Leaving daycares and the likes to parent and teach our children is bringing forth a generation of children believing they are always behind and constantly striving for the interaction they have lacked.

I highly recommend this to every mom wondering if she's a bad mom because she doesn't have scheduled "scissor time" every Wednesday or something.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Einstein Never Used Flashcards.