Jenny's Reviews > Our Lady of the Lost and Found: A Novel of Mary, Faith, and Friendship

Our Lady of the Lost and Found by Diane Schoemperlen

Sep 12, 07

bookshelves: top-ten-fiction-favorites
Read in January, 2006

I first read this three summers ago while chaperoning a mission trip to Kentucky, and it could not have been more timely. This winter I decided to reread it since I found myself in need of a little perspective once again. In this fantastic novel, the narrator is a published and respected author who is visited by the Virgin Mary; the novel is the narrator's tale of the visitation, and she punctuates it with well-researched references to historical Marian devotion and apparitions. It is, all at once, funny and philosophical, timely and timeless. I learn more about myself and my faith each time I read it. Where Mary leaves at the end of her week-long visit, both the narrator and reader feel bereft, and, at the same time, full. An amazing, enriching story.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Our Lady of the Lost and Found.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mica (new)

Mica I too have read and reread this book and feel that I gain a new insight each time. She layers a story, history, and commentary on story and history. A woman once told me that she never rereads books and this book is a perfect example of why I do!!