Lauren 's Reviews > Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World: 75 Dairy-Free Recipes for Cupcakes that Rule

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

1291915
Jun 26, 2009

bookshelves: cooking, food, veggie
Read in July, 2009

A really fun little book - so far, I have made two kinds of cupcakes, and three kinds of frosting from the book. Both cupcake recipes were delicious, and two of the three frostings were *great*.

I realize that vegan baking is a exercise in creativity and there is a true art to substitution... but I couldn't help but think that there may have been some other subs for all of the soy products and the sugars in the book. I used almond and hazelnut milk in place of the soy and had very good results. I also cut the sugar amounts in half on the frostings and they were still very sweet and perfect for the recipe.

All in all, it is a great book and one that I will turn to for years to come for quick delicious recipes for myself and for all my friends - vegan or not!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa this is a great book! i think jenna has it, and i've had a few of the recipes from it. so far they've all been delicious!

Lauren I am curious to try the companion "Vegan Cookies" book... thanks for the comment!

message 1: by Leeann (new)

Leeann I haven't seen this book yet, but from vegan recipes I've looked up I share your concern about all the soy & other "imitation" dairy/egg-replacement products. Somewhere out there there must be a vegan sweets cookbook that's more focused on natural ingredients. If you find it please share. :)