Jenny's Reviews > PS, I Love You

PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

Jul 12, 09

bookshelves: chick-lit, read-in-2009
Recommended for: Chick lit lovers!
Read in July, 2009 , read count: 1

I have to admit that until now I have been a self confessed hater of chick lit. The only chick lit I have ever read and enjoyed is the shopaholic books and even I can admit that, actually, they are pretty crap.

I'd been struggling a bit with Fortress Besieged and we needed to go on a break. P.S. I Love You had been sat on my desk on the top of my 'I'm never going to read these books so they need to go to a car boot sale' pile, staring at me, for ages. So I gave in to it's cute polka dot cover and decided to give it a go. I wanted to watch the film and my usual rule is read the book first so why break the tradition?

As much as it pains me to say this ............. I actually enjoyed it.............. ouch that hurt! It was cute and fun and very nearly (I said nearly!) made me shed a tear.

It made me want to go out on a big night out with my friends, go on holiday with them and have loads of girly fun! Oh dear what's happening to me!

Jokes aside, if you want a book that is easy to read, fun and heart-warming all at the same time then this is for you. I have the film lined up on my blockbuster list as we speak!

You never know maybe there will be a few more chick lit reviews coming from me in the future. Maybe not anytime soon though!
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read PS, I Love You.

06/26 page 42
02/20 marked as: read

message 1: by Cecily (new)

Cecily Ha ha. I hated my only dabble in chick lit (a Kinsella, actually), but I think I like it that way, so I'll avoid this, just in case it tempts me to the "dark side"!

message 2: by Molly (new)

Molly Oh Jenny that is too funny. I feel the exact same way! I find them in my hands on airplanes or beach vacations and slink behind them ashamed of the time I give to them. Usually I turn all book snob and have to read a meaty classic afterward - like I'm a dirty stay out after a slutty one night stand or something and get myself all prim and proper for high society. I should just admit that every now and then I like a roll in the hay with "chick lit" - the books, not the ladies - not that there's anything wrong with that ;0)

message 3: by Cecily (new)

Cecily Absolutely. Just as it would be bad to eat junk food every day, there's nothing wrong with having it occasionally, and I guess the same applies to books. But like you Molly, when I do read something relatively low brow, I invariably read something more serious straight afterwards.