Lisa Kay's Reviews > Causing Havoc

Causing Havoc by Lori Foster

Never thought I would like a book about professional fighters, but I loved this one, read it three times in four years, marked it as a favorite, and put it on my keeper shelf. Only bought it because Lori Foster is one of my favorites and she is always an author I can count on. (It was not too melodramatic for me as I had a long lost younger brother who spent his childhood in Foster care – whereas I was adopted into a loving home - and looked me up decades later.) LF did a convincing job of siblings trying to reconnect.

The hero Havoc sucked me into the whole series, though I think this one is the best. He is HOT and tries so hard to be laid-back with the whole family connection and NOT being an older, dependable, protective brother. My roof was leaking at the time I read this book, so there I could relate. LOL. I liked Eve too. When Havoc meets her family was fun and believable. I felt the chemistry between Havoc and Eve was steamy. I could see their affair-turned-to-love happening as the pages turned and knew it was a given when she had her period and he brought ice cream. As a teenager I used to have a boyfriend that worked in an ice cream parlor and brought me rocky road. *Sigh*

The ‘who-done-it?’ kept me guessing; I can usually guess this aspect in romance books, so this was a nice change. The sub-romance plot between Jacki and Gregor was fun and enjoyable too. Not a big fan of tattoos, but the meaning of Havoc’s made me cry. So, yes, everything was firing on all cylinders for me with this one.
7 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Causing Havoc.

Debbie LOVE this series!

Lisa Kay Debbie, I did too. Really, never thought fighters could be so sexy. Lori Foster consistantly makes me happy.

Debbie The only book to this series I didn't like was My Man Michael. That one just didn't do much for me. I didn't like the turn in direction she took.

message 4: by Lisa Kay (last edited Mar 10, 2011 06:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay My Man, Michael (SBC Fighters, #4) by Lori FosterThat's the only one in the series I haven't read. I have it as TBR. It involved time-travel, right? Saw the GR ratings and they are falling right down the line in all numbers (1-5). Interesting. She ususally comes in at all four stars for me with a nice occassional surprise five stars. Though Back in Black by Lori Foster was just okay for me, I knew and appreciate where she was coming from with the character.

Debbie Yeah,I know. She's usually a 4-5 star author for me too. It was a Time-travel and had a real Sci-fi theme. I usually like Time-travel, but I usually go into those types of books expecting that theme. This one was totally unexpected. I have no idea what she was thinking when she wrote this one.

message 6: by Lisa Kay (last edited Mar 10, 2011 06:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay I have read time-travel books and like them too, but I know what you mean about surprises with twists like that. I don't like them to switch genre in mid stream. It happened with Linda Howard in Death Angel and turned a lot of people off. I set the book down and went back to it after about a week.