Courtney Payne's Reviews > 21 Pounds in 21 Days: The Martha's Vineyard Diet Detox

21 Pounds in 21 Days by Roni DeLuz

Sep 12, 07

bookshelves: diet-health
Read in September, 2007

So I have this weird fascination with trendy "diet" books.
I check them out from the library and eat them up within hours. This one is great because on numerous occasions in bookstores I have witnessed an everyday kinda person ask the bookseller for this book. Thinking that they are going to go home, read the book, drink lots of water, eat lots of fruits and veggies and 21 pounds will disappear in 21 days.
Well, let's just say there are coffee enemas and weekly colonics involved. Yikes! I wish that I could be a fly on the wall when these hopeful book buyers get home and start reading and realize...coffee up their butt is the magic behind the promise of 21 Pounds in 21 Days.
I give it 4 stars, for this and this alone.
Skinny Bitch is another great one. Cover of the book, title, and buzz gives no warning to what the book is really about--veganism. Chapters on decaying, inhumanly treated farm animals, puss and various other joys to behold, all packaged in a hip, deceiving "diet" book.
I loved it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 21 Pounds in 21 Days.