Heather's Mum's Reviews > The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales

The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales by Jacob Grimm

361971
Sep 12, 07

bookshelves: justakidatheart, classic, fantasy, youth, social
Read in January, 1958

I have to admit that I haven't read ALL of the Grimms' brothers' witings(over 500 in their first German compilation, with an impressive 211 tales included in the 7th publication.) As with most "kids" over the age of 10, I've loved, been frightened by and enthralled with their most well known tales all of my life: Snow White, Hansel and Gretel, Rapunzel, Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Sleeping Beauty, The Elves and the Shoemaker, etc.

Disney &/or other children renditions were favorites in my childhood library. As with most folklore, there are life lessons worth learning in each tale that apply to young and old.

As an adult, I'm amazed, by not only the intense research the brothers invested, but also the literary genius and dark undertones Jacob and Wilhelm imbued in these tales based on European stories allegedly handed down through the generations.

Parents... haul out your old Grimms' Brothers volumes - read and talk about them with your kids... you'll both profit and be entertained!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales.