Chelsea's Reviews > Mind Power Into the 21st Century: Techniques to Harness the Astounding Powers of Thought

Mind Power Into the 21st Century by John Kehoe

Jun 25, 09

bookshelves: currently-reading

So, Kehoe spend three years in wooded seclusion studying the power of this own mind. I thought for three years of seclusion he would have something valuable to offer... if not actually scientific, at least psychedelic. So far this book is written to someone who has never considered the fact that they have a brain. For instance "most people think tons of thoughts all the time and take the time to think about what they are thinking" (paraphrased but pretty closely written). Really? I am consistently thinking about what i am thinking to a of insanity at times! Who doesn't ever take the time to consider that they are considering... or why or how...? Although i am not terribly far in so this book has a chance to come back around-- I feel like this book was written for those people who have never considered their own thinking before. His section on really stepping into your dreams to expand and create more lucid dreams focuses on telling yourself to dream before you go to sleep and then keeping a dream journal... Not exactly breaking news. Hopefully my next entry will be more enlightened and less grumpy. (Although, in all honesty, the chances that I will be inspired to pick this book up again very soon are not great.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mind Power Into the 21st Century.