Kat's Reviews > Vegan Brunch: Homestyle Recipes Worth Waking Up For—From Asparagus Omelets to Pumpkin Pancakes

Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

Jul 19, 10

bookshelves: cookbooks, vegan
Recommended for: vegan and non-vegan brunch fans

I love this cookbook!!! Isa reigns supreme yet again with her appealing, easy-to-follow recipes for what is typically the most non-vegan meal of the day. As long as you and your friends & family are willing to make it all on a lazy late-morning Sunday, you will never miss out again on omelets, french toast, quiche, pancakes, tasty sides, pastries, etc etc. Add some OJ, coffee, conversation, and good tunes, and you are in brunchy heaven from construction to consumption, my friend.

The recipe for the Chelsea Waffles alone is worth its weight in gold (slathered in maple syrup). They are now my weekend ritual, and when my in-laws stayed with us, they loved the waffles so much that my mother-in-law now owns the book. Mind you, these are meat-loving folks from Maine, and this is now their first vegan cookbook. I LOVE when non-vegans enjoy vegan food enough to realize that it is not all bland hippie tree bark, and that it can be incorporated into anyone's diet, even just in small amounts. Three cheers for Vegan Brunch!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vegan Brunch.