Lenore 's Reviews > Curse the Dawn

Curse the Dawn by Karen Chance

Jul 10, 09

bookshelves: paranormal-romance

I love all the Cassandra Palmer books. Even though the 4th installment had its ups and downs the novel delivers in more ways than one. The readers will laugh at Cassie and Pritkin's interactions, and become frustrated at the dramatic irony, but all this creates that bond between reader and character every writer strives to achieve. I recommend this book to any fan of Cassandra Palmer 1-3, Rachel Vincent's Pride, and any fan of the paranormal romance. Although I do highly suggest you start with the first book if you would like to read these. You won't be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Curse the Dawn.

Quotes Lenore Liked

Karen Chance
“He smiled at that, and then his gaze shifted to a spot over my shoulder and it faded. 'These doubts wouldn’t have anything to do with the company you’re keeping of late, would they?'
I didn’t get a chance to answer before the shop door was thrown open and a furious war mage stomped in. Pritkin spotted me and his eyes narrowed.
'You shaved my legs?!'
Mircea looked at me and folded his arms across his chest. I looked from one unhappy face to the other and suddenly remembered that I had somewhere else to be.”
Karen Chance, Curse the Dawn

Karen Chance
“And I just couldn't take it anymore. I closed the distance between us, slammed him back against the chair and kissed him, holding his head still with both my hands buried in that stupid, stupid hair. I half expected more resistance, because Pritkin had never met an argument he didn't like. So it was a shock when he ran his hands down my sides, cupped my hips and slid us both to the floor.
"I'm going straight to hell for this," he muttered.
"At least you'll know a lot of people," I said breathlessly. ”
Karen Chance, Curse the Dawn