Gail's Reviews > The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It

The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber

Dec 15, 09

bookshelves: business
Read in December, 2009

I truly could not have picked a better time to have read this book. It's been on my list for ages, but I finally got to it this week, tearing thru it on the plane ride out to Denver (How do I know I'm digging this whole pursuit of my own business? When I TEAR THROUGH A BUSINESS BOOK. Seriously, if you would have asked me to read a book like this 5 years ago, I would have been all, Are you crazy?)

But here I get to Denver, I get to Dane Sanders' workshop and then realize that Dane is a HUGE fan of this book too, incorporating it big time into his Fast Track workshop.

A lot of what is in this book resonated with me -- that a small biz is going to fail if you as an owner don't have your three roles in balance (the visionary/the manager/the technician) and it was a perfect opportunity to read about the need for systems in my biz when Dane presented me with dozens of tools to come home and do just that .

Ultimately, what I loved about this book is the way Gerber describes the things that can trip you up in chasing your business dreams — fear of the unknown and your battle to stay in your comfort zone (as he notes, comfort makes cowards of us all). And that the joy of owning a small business is discovering the way in which it can become the bridge between you and the world if you let it. So, so true ....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The E-Myth Revisited.