Cheryl's Reviews > Twilight

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Jul 18, 09

I started this book with high expectations...probably too high. Almost everyone I know who's read this book has loved it! I liked it enough that I may read the follow-ups at some point, but I don't feel like I have to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stacey Glad you liked it, Cheryl. The rest of the books have a different feel to them... more "grown up" and exciting, so I do hope you'll continue the series at some point in the future :)

Cheryl Thanks, Stacey. I may like the later books even more, then, since my favorite part of Twilight was all the excitement toward the end. I still have to check out all the pages (and pages!) of Twilight talk on JALS...now I'll know what it all means. :)

Lori I agree, the next two books in the series are much better...and better written IMO. I don't think the real story of Twilight really gets going until you read New Moon.

Cheryl Hmmm...interesting. I probably will give New Moon a try (and I will keep my expectations reasonable!).

message 5: by Candace (new)

Candace Sooner or later, it seems we all read Twilight for some unknown and prolific reason. I liken Twilight to making-out with fat guy, go ahead and do it, have your fun... just don't think about it afterwards.

New Moon, was painful. Eclipse, better. Breaking Dawn, shamefully drab and then it ended.

Cheryl Haha! Umm...OK. :)

You made it through all 4, though, so I guess it must've been one of those on-again, off-again things with the fat guy. ;)

message 7: by Candace (new)

Candace Embarrassingly true. Haha, I was lonely.

It takes talent to make-out with certain guys. I've put my foot down though, that romance had gone on far too long, Not even gonna bother with Midnight Sun or her new book The Host. Broke his heart I did. =^)

Melissa Rochelle The second and third aren't terrible...definitely worth a try. But the fourth is HORRIBLE!

As for The Host, I recommend it! Way better than any of the Twilight books!

Cheryl "Not terrible" sounds vaguely promising (possibly?), but my reward for slogging through them all will be "horrible!?" Hmmm...I'll read up on The Host and see if it sounds like something I'd like. Thanks for the info!

message 10: by Anna (new) - rated it 1 star

Anna So you finally took the Twilight plunge, Cheryl?! I confess to a having sneaky chuckle that you haven't gone gaga over it like most of our Jals friends did ;-) At last, someone else who hasn't lost the plot over the vamps!!

I've just read New Moon after a lot of badgering from Stacey (!!) and I actually quite liked this one! After not standing Edward, Jacob in NM is lovely!

Cheryl Chuckle away...I am immune to the Cullens!

Yeah, Anna, I saw your review of NM (quite entertaining, by the way!). From what you say, I think I'll like this one better, as well...I'm not too crazy about Edward, but would definitely like to find out more about Jacob...

message 12: by Anna (new) - rated it 1 star

Anna Immune to the Cullens; YAY!!! I'm not on my own any more! Welcome to my world of one...which is now a world of two!!

As someone who did not like Twilight or Edward, NM was a pleasant surprise. Jacob really got under my skin. I'd be interesed in what you think of it, if you give it a try.

message 13: by new_user (last edited Jul 26, 2009 12:45PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

new_user I agree, I didn't really love the series until New Moon, mostly because I was so much more interested in Jacob than Edward, LOL. In the author's words, guys like Edward don't exist (or else we'd have an army on our hands of mannequins with perfect hair), but guys like Jacob do. Hope you enjoy it, Cheryl. ;)

Cheryl Well, thanks, you guys. I'm convinced--I'll give NM a try.

Nice to join your world of Cullen immunity, Anna (though it is a bit sparsely populated...)! Looking forward to discovering more about Jacob...

N.U., interesting view from Ms. Meyer--thanks for adding it. "Mannequins w/ perfect hair"...haha! :)

I'll keep everyone posted!

new_user LOL. Just to be clear, she didn't say the part about mannequins. I don't want any hate mail, LOL. xD

Cheryl Haha! I thought that little editorial addition was hilarious. :)