Jennifer Defoy's Reviews > How Perfect Is That

How Perfect Is That by Sarah Bird

Jun 23, 2009

bookshelves: pocket-book-blog-tour, owned, 2009-reads
Read in July, 2009

This book was hilarious. I laughed almost from the first word all the way through. And while I couldn't connect with Blythe on a personal level it was entertaining to try and find reason in her messed up logic. She's been cast aside from her once glamorous life and is trying to wide a wave that has long left shore. While she can't seem to realize it, all of her problems are her fault, not her ex-husband or his "evil" mother.

Her look on life is a bit disheartening and I can't say I want to trade places with her, however seeing what she comes up with is hilarious. From the Ruffies to the tandem recumbent bike to the "off label" spa clinic this book just kept me laughing. There are so many moments when I was thinking she's screwed now, but somehow she comes up with something.

I know I keep mentioning how funny this book was, but I couldn't stop laughing. Even when I was talking to my bf about what was happening in the book he would chuckle. It's a great pick me up, cause if you feel like you have nothing well Blythe has even less, and she's making due (kind of). It's good chick lit and it was a pretty quick read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How Perfect Is That.

message 1: by Kerriwyn (new)

Kerriwyn Hi. I haven't read this book, but your description makes me want to. I thought I'd let you know of a book which sounds quite akin to it, actually, probably the original of that type. It's A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole. :) Check it out, you'll laugh and laugh and laugh.

Jennifer Defoy Adding it to my TBR pile right now. Thanks for the recommendation!