Leslie's Reviews > Holy Cow: An Indian Adventure

Holy Cow by Sarah Macdonald

Feb 07, 10

bookshelves: memoirs
Read from January 30 to February 02, 2010

I can't decide if I want to give this a 2 or a 3, I guess because I kept feeling like I couldn't decide if I wanted to finish reading it or not, but I did. And it was good. Just not good enough to be a page turner. In spite of the fact that it's about what I really enjoy reading--an outsider in a foreign culture, but she doesn't take herself too seriously, and she's on a spiritual search and has the time and resources to do it right and is in the country that seems to have the biggest selection of ashrams and spiritual centers of every variety.
Sarah is in India with her fiance and the Australian Broadcasting Company. I won't let out a few secrets out of the bag, because this book is really worth reading.
I think it's me more than the book. It took me over a month to read this one small book and I almost didn't do that, the pesky knee replacement just kept getting in the way--mentally, physically, emotionally, brain-function wise. Annoying to say the least and not lie. I think I will give it a 3. I think it would have gotten a 4 last year. Oh well. I can feel myself getting back to normal and reading my second book of the year. Yea!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holy Cow.