Carolyn Storer's Reviews > Kitty Raises Hell

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, book-list-2011
Read from June 17 to 26, 2011

3.5 Stars

**Warning - potential spoilers - read at your own risk!**

"Kitty Raises Hell" begins one week on from where the previous book finished. Kitty is on the look out for the The Band of Tiamat, the cult she came face to face with during her trip to Las Vegas, due to an ominous sign left on her door. But she soon realises that they are not in town but have cursed her with a fiery demon. People are killed, property is burned and Kitty is left trying to figure out what to do.

Although Kitty has definitely grown as a character, she still has a tendency to leave it to others to work things out. She places a call to Odysseus Grant, a magician she met while in Las Vegas and asks him to figure out what to do with the fire demon. He gives her the recipe for a potion to place around her home and of those she loves for protection. When her own pack questions her on what more she intends to do about protecting them, she doesn't really show her authority, instead her Alpha mate, Ben does, and yet she takes the credit for it. Kitty herself doesn't really do much fighting, however, I still find myself liking her and enjoying the troubles she finds herself in, even though I wish she was a little more kick-arse.

There is some light relief in the way of a paranormal investigation team that comes into town to investigate a haunted house. Kitty wants in on the action in the hope of getting an interview with them for her radio show, The Midnight Hour. She gets a lot more than she bargained for and the action flows thick and fast from this point on.

There is only a fleeting glimpse of Cormac in this instalment. He's still in jail but something ghostly is happening. It's very intriguing and nothing is really revealed which makes me think this could be setting us up for the next book.

Although I do like Ben I miss Cormac and still wonder why Vaughn put him in jail. Cormac is a very charismatic character and I'm surprised as to why she would lock him up and keep him out of so many books. I'm hoping he's released from prison soon, so there can be more Cormac and Kitty and maybe a little romantic tention.

VERDICT:

Overall, "Kitty Raises Hell" is another great addition to the series and is very entertaining, with a lots action and intrigue. I look forward to reading the next book, 'Kitty's House of Horrors'.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kitty Raises Hell.

06/24/2011 page 72